From the moment you first visit we will be striving to ensure that the experience is a positive one for both you and your child.
Young children can sometimes find it challenging to settle into new and unfamiliar environments. This can be distressing for both the parent and the child involved. All children will be appointed a key teacher (primary caregiver) who will be responsible for their routine, settling in, individual profile and developments.
We believe by following some simple settling suggestions you can reduce the stress that can be involved:
- Visit as often as possible before your child is expected to start their enrolment with us.
- At these visits get to know your child’s primary caregiver and other teachers.
- Bring any special toys or cuddles that might help them to settle.
- Establish a consistent drop off routine, such as enter the centre, find your child’s photo and or name with them, put their bag away, say hello to their primary caregiver teacher, get the child involved in an activity, stay for a few minutes, say goodbye and leave.
- Parents are encouraged to telephone the centre at any time to enquire after the well being of their child.
- Parents should allow time for themselves and their child to settle into the new environment.