When your child begins at our centre we ask that you provide a few essentials in a NAMED bag each day.
- Clothing, please ensure that your child is dressed in comfortable, and suitable play clothing ready for exploring and being involved in creativity. We suggest that children bring a complete change of clothing which is clearly named.
- Children in nappies need to bring 4-5 nappies for the day.
- Children who are toilet training should be provided with extra underpants and shorts/trousers/dresses.
- We do stock a supply of disposable nappies and if these are required to be used then they will be charged to you at $1 per nappy.
- For summer months we require your child to have a named sunhat and for winter months we require your child to have a named woollen hat, named jacket and named gumboots.
- A named drink bottle filled with water for your child to drink during the day.
- Parents are required to sunscreen their child before arrival to the centre and staff will apply more sunscreen throughout the day as necessary. A safety approved sunscreen will be provided by the centre, however if your child has an allergy to sunscreen or sensitive skin please supply an appropriate sunscreen for you child.
- For babies that require bottles, bottles need to be supplied in already prepared, clearly named bottles are required for children who are on formula, whole milk or expressed breast milk.
Each child has their own locker for storage of belongings.
The centre has a lost property box for misplaced clothing.
Rest and Sleep Times
Our centre offers full rest and sleep facilities. Our nursery teachers will follow your babies sleep routines from home. They sleep in cots with their own individualised bedding.
The sleeping area in the nursery is completely separate from the main play area, ensuring undisturbed rest. All sleep areas are supervised at all times.
The toddler children who require a sleep, have their rest time after lunch on mattresses with their own bedding. During this time the children who do not need a sleep will participate in small group activities.